Baylis & Harding consumer privacy notice
We are Baylis & Harding plc, UK based manufacturers of fine quality bath and body products and fragrances since 1970. We take our data protection obligations seriously here at B&H and have appointed a Data Protection Coordinator, contactable at the address below if you have any comments or queries regarding how we use your name and contact details.
We use your contact information in our legitimate interests, to promote our products and in rare cases, to manage product complaints, and we safeguard consumer rights by complying with consumer and marketing law.
Using your data to sort out the occasional issues that customers raise with us helps to meet our legal obligation, our duty of care to end users of our products.
The only information we hold is names, contact details, which could include personal e-mail, phone numbers and home addresses. All the information we hold has been provided by you directly. We need to hold this information to meet our statutory duty under consumer legislation and to ensure that you receive the best possible outcome from any information request or complaint. This information is held in our systems and backups indefinitely. Any paper copies of such information will be destroyed securely once we have resolved any issues, usually within a few weeks.
If you would rather not receive any product information from us, you can unsubscribe from our mailings any time by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our email. We will remove your details immediately and you will no longer hear from us.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on a user's computer and hold data relating to specific websites.
- how the site is used,
- which pages are visited most or less often and
- information about the devices you use to access the website so that we can optimise it to the different scales presented by mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
We need your consent to the use of these cookies, which are known as “tracking cookies”. You can amend your choice of whether to allow these cookies at any time here
Detail of cookies we use
These are the tracking cookies we use:
- Google Analytics, a cookie managed by Google which collects personal data in accordance with the Google Privacy Notice. Baylis & Harding does not have access to personal data collected, only statistics in aggregated form. This is retained on your computer for 2 years.
- Momento, a cookie managed by Baylis & Harding with feedback stored on our own servers. It collects IP address, geolocation to the nearest town, browser type, operating system, resolution of screen, the site the user visited last (“referrer”). This is retained on your computer for 13 months.
- A Facebook pixel which collects personal data in accordance with the Facebook Privacy Notice. Baylis & Harding only access aggregated data, no identifiable personal data is available. This is retained on your computer for as long as you're logged into Facebook.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal data we hold that relates to you. If you think that information about you which we hold is incorrect or misleading you have the right to have the information corrected provided you can demonstrate that it is incorrect. You can also request the erasure of personal data relating to you in certain circumstances, where we do not require it to meet a legal obligation. You can also request a restriction of processing so that your records are maintained beyond our usual retention period. You have the right to object to processing on the grounds that it causes you damage or distress and the right to take away a copy of your personal data in electronic format in certain circumstances.
If you are unhappy about the way we use your personal data or the way in which we respond to your request to exercise your data protection rights, you can contact the Data Protection Coordinator at Baylis & Harding plc of Nash Road, Park Farm, Redditch B98 7AS but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.